Friday 20 November 2015

Planetbase - Review - Day 5

My strategy worked perfectly last time, it's just that nobody listened. I have been informed that this is due to lack of motivation, so I need to give my crew some activities this time... other than that, I was doing fine. So let's do this! ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!

Well I need a bar for motivation, but I can't build one due to THE SANDSTORM THAT'S CURRENTLY WRECKING MY CREW!!!
... sorry, I guess I should bring you up to speed.
I built the oxygen generator and the airlock, along with the solar panel and the water extractor, plus a power collector for a backup, and I'm in the process of building another one, as well as a control panel... yeah, I held off on that too long. I also have a med lab, a lab with a tissue synthesizer, and a bio dome for fruits and veggies. Both my lab and bio dome are making med supplies, so I'm good there. I'm fine in every area except materials... again. Nobody wants to process ore into metal for me (you may not see the processing plant, but... well, see those materials in the bottom left? That's where it was), so I need a way to motivate them... a bar seems like a good idea, since the Multi-Dome (which I recycled) didn't pan out.
USE THE FREAKING METAL PROCESSOR YOU WORKER! DO YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP!? BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE YOU BEDS AGAIN IF YOU DON'T MAKE METAL FOR THE DORM!
.... Let's DO IT AGAIN!
So my colony's stable, and I believe that people aren't using the metal processor due to some illness... so, logically, I made a med lab, and I'll build a landing pad later, too, so I can get some medics.

So I guess that concludes this post. I may have gotten frustrated with this game fairly often, but it is highly stimulating, not just frustrating. It's the kind of game that pisses you off JUST ENOUGH to keep you playing, but not enough to make you want to destroy the computer. What would I give this game? Probably a 7/10. It's stimulating, creative, and it really makes you think. However, the graphics are dull (even on Ultra), the clues are cryptic (somethings that SHOULD be taught in the tutorial, so one does not have to look it up on the internet), and it's highly buggy (the thing with the fully functioning robots that don't build is an example of this).

No comments:

Post a Comment