Wednesday 18 November 2015

Planetbase - Review - Day 3

Today, I started playing the game Planetbase, for real this time. This is my strategy for how I did it, as well as my thoughts on the game:


I, of course, started with the oxygen generator, solar panel, airlock, and water generator, just like in the tutorial. However, instead of making a canteen second, I made a large power collector to survive at night, as well as a windmill, plus a water tank so if my water generator is using too much power, I can sub in my water tank for oxygen instead.
I then moved on to making the canteen, putting everything down that I did in the tutorial: table, television, meal maker, and water fountain. I then made a dorm, with 5 bunk beds instead of 2, so all of my crew can sleep at once if necessary. However, it kept running out of power, so I connected it to my power collector with a base pad for faster power transfer.
When my dorm room finished, I made a bio dome, and connected it to the canteen for quick food transport. I put a pea pad for quick food, as well as a maize pad for food that doesn't need constant maintenance. I also made medicinal herbs so my medical lab, which I made after I finished in the bio lab, can have a decent supply of medicine in case somebody breaks a leg. I also put a mine in front of the airlock, with a quick pathway to the processing plant of which I made shortly after (if you look near the back, you can see that I am still working on a metal processor in the processing plant). I also made a factory, connected to the bio lab (ran out of room by the processing plant... :( ). It's still being made, but it should be finished shortly (should nobody screw up).
This may be my last update from this world. My solar panel stopped fueling my power collector, my constructor bot thinks he's a carrier bot, and some guy in a trading ship ripped me off, stole my materials, and left me with nothing in return (despite me asking for another constructor bot). I'm trying to make a robotic's facility, but since nobody wants to listen, I can't seem to get them to build it (no, you can't prioritize buildings). I'm having people prioritize the bio lab, but I'm not sure that will help very well. I will update you if I somehow survive this.
I! HATE! CONSTRUCTOR! BOTS!

This game just makes me so mad! Trading ships rip you off, constructor bots don't do their job (yes, I had the materials, and they were fully functioning), and the graphics are absolutely terrible, even on Ultra. However, I wouldn't be lying if I said that this game was stimulating, but it would be handy to have the option to prioritize buildings to build, not just machines inside of buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment